Join our team – We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant
December 3, 2023
Join Abacus Data as a Consultant / Senior Consultant
Abacus Data operates offices in Ottawa & Toronto. A Consultant can be based anywhere in Canada but will need to be able to commute to Ontario for an initial orientation and other occasional travel for corporate events.
Salary: $65,000 to $85,000 of total compensation is typical for a Consultant role. However the compensation package may be increased or decreased to be commensurate with experience.
When we grow, you grow. As a member of our team you are eligible for an annual performance bonus based on the overall performance of the company and your part in it.
Expected start date:
Late January- early February 2023, or at such a time as a suitable candidate is found.
At Abacus Data, a premier Canadian public opinion research & strategy agency, we are looking to capitalize on explosive growth by adding to our research team.
In these roles, you will work closely with the firm’s executive team to help service the firm’s growing roster of public and private sector clients, with abundant opportunities to take on clients on your own & job craft a research specialization as the company grows.
In the immediate term, this role will see you work on research files with the supervision of a senior lead, acting as the principal author & project manager of Abacus’ custom research survey projects.
The Consultant is responsible for assisting team leads in managing client relationships, overseeing the survey fielding & reporting process, and writing compelling, timely and strategic research reports based on public opinion survey results.
- Work closely with senior research team leads to design & analyze the results of public opinion research surveys.
- Liaise with the fielding & analytics team to ensure surveys are being programmed & graphically reported according to client & firm expectations.
- Write high-quality analysis prose reports for our clients that are error-free, valuable, and meet the standards of our leadership team.
- Manage other day to day responsibilities of research projects as directed by the senior team, including client consultation, proposal development, creation of research instruments, analysis, and presentation of final deliverables.
The most important criteria for this role is a strong public affairs writing background with a demonstrable ability to understand data, think strategically and synthesize ideas. If you can demonstrate proficiency here but have no survey research experience, we would be thrilled to hear from you.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in a research role designing, executing and analyzing public opinion research projects.
- Experience analyzing data and helping clients use data to make decisions.
- An analytical mind that is excited about telling stories using data and research.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Ability to create stunning presentations that tell the story in our data to our clients and potential clients.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Strong English language proficiency.
Bilingualism in English and French is not a requirement and will not be an impediment to your application, but please clearly specify if you are.
Apply by December 22nd at 5pm ET.
If you think you’re the right candidate for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to Ihor Korbabicz at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Job 852375 – Consultant/Senior Consultant” in the subject line. Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.