Join our team as an Analyst & Field Specialist
December 3, 2023
Join Abacus Data as an Analyst & Fielding Specialist
Abacus Data operates offices in Ottawa & Toronto. A team member can be based anywhere in Canada but preference for the Analyst role will be given to candidates who can commute to an office at least once a week.
Salary: $45,000 to $65,000 of total compensation is typical for this role. However the compensation package may be increased or decreased to be commensurate with experience.
When we grow, you grow. As a member of our team you are eligible for an annual performance bonus based on the overall performance of the company and your part in it.
Expected start date:
Late January- early February 2023, or at such a time as a suitable candidate is found.
Abacus Data is expanding and we’re looking for someone who is excited to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. If you’re early in your career, curious to learn new things, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and most importantly, friendly, this could be a great fit for you.
We are looking for a team member to join our field and analysis team. Working with our Director of Field and Analysis and research team leads, you will be responsible for programming surveys, working with datasets, managing samples, and helping build beautiful and impactful reports and presentations.
As an ideal candidate, you have some background in social research, having taken a class or two in university or college, and maybe even worked in the industry for a few years. But more importantly, you want to learn and grow in a job that will expose you to all aspects of our work. We want a team member who loves to solve problems, find creative ways of doing things, and likes checking off to-do lists.
• Support the Director of Field and Analysis in programming surveys, coordinating logistics for qualitative research, fielding sample, testing surveys, coordinating translation, managing data sets, and building presentations and report charts/tables.
• Support the research team with initial data analysis and report building.
- Problem solver who wants to learn and grow in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Prior research experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers and data.
- Advanced math or data software skills are not required but would be an asset.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented, with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
Apply by December 22nd at 5pm ET.
If you think you’re the right candidate for this role, please send a cover letter and CV to Ihor Korbabicz at email@example.com referencing “Job 252375 – Analyst & Fielding Specialist” in the subject line. Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.