Location: Ottawa, ON
Description: Full-time, 4-month contract (May 2017 thru August 2017)
Compensation: $20.00/hour – 37.5 hours per week
Abacus Data is looking for an energetic, self-starting university student who is looking for a summer placement or internship based in Ottawa to support the senior research team. As a member of our growing and evolving team, you will report directly to the CEO and work closely on a range of client projects and marketing efforts.
Based in Ottawa, you will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of qualitative and quantitative research projects as well as managing content development on the AbacusData.ca and CanadianMillennials.ca websites. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys to write, communicate, and learn about new topics. A passion for research, politics, and public affairs is definitely an asset.
During the 4-month placement, you will be asked to support our team on a range of projects and work with the team to develop content for public consumption.
• Support senior research team in all aspects of the research process including:
o Questionnaire and discussion guide development
o Survey programming and project management
o Data analysis
o Reporting – PowerPoint or written reports.
• Coordinate marketing and content publishing with team.
• Develop comment for the CanadianMillennials.ca website.
• Internet savvy and fluent in MS-Office suite of products.
• Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to create content quickly.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
• Being able to create stunning PowerPoint presentations, infographics etc is a definite asset.
• Previous research experience and fluency in French is an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Driven to succeed – self-starter, with a successful record of sales growth and business development
• Innovative – you think of interesting and alternative ways to get new business
• Collaborative – you can work closely with the Abacus Data team to leverage expertise to develop content for the Abacus Insider and Canadian Millennials websites
• Persistent – doing whatever it takes to get things done with integrity and without excuses
• Independent – you work well without constant supervision and cherish your freedom to achieve business and personal objectives.
About Abacus Data Inc.
Abacus Data is a leading public opinion and marketing research firm, bringing together the latest technology and industry expertise to help organizations effectively understand and connect with those they serve.
Having conducted research for some of North America’s leading corporations and advocacy groups, we deliver global research capacities with the attention to detail and focus of a boutique firm.
We are at the forefront of the research sector and deliver revolutionary insights and strategy to our clients. Our team brings together a rare combination of experience and energy in a team of professional researchers. We all value integrity, hard work, and creativity believing good research insights come from an intense focus on our clients, rigorous methods, and occasionally challenging convention. The bottom line is we get things right.
To inquire or apply for this position, please complete the application form at:
Initial applications are due February 28 by 5pm ET
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on March 10 with the assignment to complete
Assignments are due on March 22, 2017 by 5pm ET
Interviews will be conducted after March 31
© 2020 Abacus Data. All rights reserved.