Job Title: Sales & Marketing Consultant
Location: Ottawa, ON
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Generous commission structure for all new business development.
- Competitive benefits package.
Expected start date: December 2020
Here at Abacus Data, a premier Ottawa-based public opinion research & strategy agency, we are looking to capitalize on explosive growth by adding to our sales and marketing team.
If you are an energetic, self-starter with a passion for sales and experience with digital marketing, let’s talk. Your time will be divided between sales (75%) and digital/social marketing for the Abacus brand (25%).
As a member of our growing and evolving team, you will directly influence our future growth and success by identifying opportunities, cultivating relationships with potential clients, and generating new sales.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Business Development and Marketing and be responsible for executing digital and social media marketing tactics to build Abacus Data’s profile and brand recognition with prospective clients.
In this role, you will work directly with clients, often acting as the first point of contact with our growing public sector client group and consumer market research segment. Finally, you will regularly interact with other service lines to bring the best Abacus Data solutions to our clients.
You will be expected to identify new business opportunities, coordinate with the research team, and suggest marketing strategies and tactics to effectively target new sales prospects
In addition, you will be responsible for drafting the weekly Abacus Data newsletter and identifying themes that align with the firm’s broader growth objectives.
- Lead Generation.You will be expected to identify and secure new clients and opportunities using cold and warm call efforts.
- Inbound Support.You will occasionally handle inbound calls from interested leads and need to demonstrate how our services will address and support their current needs.
- Responding to RFPs. You will be responsible for drafting responses to public and private sector RFPs with great attention to detail, ensuring all of the stated requirements have been met.
- Data Maintenance. You will update and maintain our CRM, keeping a well-detailed record of all your contact with clients and leads while adhering to company protocols.
- Digital Marketing: Organize, draft and schedule the weekly newsletter. Organize, schedule, and target digital marketing campaigns (Google, Twitter, LinkedIn) – reporting out on the metrics every quarter.
- Social Media Management: Oversee all social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- 1 to 3 years of sales experience including cold-calling and full sales cycle;
- Prior experience/knowledge of the market industry is a definite asset, but not a requirement.
- Experience proposal writing and responding to RFPs;
- Understanding of the Canadian political and public affairs landscape is a definite asset, but not a requirement.
- Capacity to execute effective digital and social media marketing campaigns to build brand awareness and support sales goals.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and/or other relevant tools.
- Experience running SEO and LinkedIn InMail campaigns is considered an asset.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute a strategy.
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
- Bilingualism in English and French is not a requirement, but an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Driven to succeed – self-starter, with a record of identifying, pursuing, and closing leads.
- Detail-oriented – you are someone who is picky, relenting, and focused on delivering error-free, high quality work.
- Collaborative – you can work closely with the team to distinguish our proposals and pitches from those of our competitors.
- Persistent – doing whatever it takes to get things done with integrity and without excuses.
- Independent – you work well without constant supervision and cherish your freedom to achieve business and personal objectives.
Apply by November 10, 2020 at 5 pm ET
If you think you’re the right candidate for this task, please send a cover letter and CV to Yvonne Langen at email@example.com. Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.
About Abacus Data Inc.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and exceptional value.
We have offices in Ottawa and Toronto, but work with clients across North America such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Wine Growers of Canada, Teck, Imperial Oil, Canadian Real Estate Association, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and Music Canada.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
For more information about Abacus Data, visit our website at www.abacusdata.ca