Location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Annual performance bonus 20-30% of base salary.
- Generous marketing bonus for all new business development.
Expected start date: September or October 2020
The opportunity: Here at Abacus Data, a premier Canadian public opinion research & strategy agency, we are looking to capitalize on explosive growth by adding to our senior team.
If you are an experienced, energetic, self-starting research and public affairs professional who lives & breathes public affairs and knows government well, let’s talk.
In this role, you will work closely with the firm’s executive team to help grow the firm’s public sector practice.
As a senior member of our growing and evolving team, you will directly influence our future growth and success by acting as the lead in building a practice focused on public sector social and market research.
You will be responsible for helping to grow our public sector-focused research practice by working closely with the Director of Business Development and CEO to identify opportunities, build relationships with potential clients, and manage client relationships and projects with the research team.
In this role, you will work directly with clients, often acting as the lead contact with our growing public sector client group. In addition, you will be a leader and mentor to our research team. Finally, you will regularly interact with other service lines to bring the best Abacus Data solutions to our clients.
You will be expected to identify new business opportunities, coordinate with the sales and marketing team, and execute new projects as they are converted.
- Develop a strategy to expand the public sector client base and strengthening our offering to public sector clients at all levels (federal, provincial, and municipal).
- Report directly to the CEO (David Coletto) and work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Business Development as a member of the firm’s executive team.
- Drive our team to deliver high-quality work for our clients that is error-free, valuable, and meets the standards of our leadership team.
- Manage day to day responsibilities of research projects, start to finish including client consultation, proposal development, oversight of the creation of research instruments, analysis, and presentation of final deliverables.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in a client servicing role in public affairs, research, or the public sector with experience designing, executing, and analyzing public opinion research projects.
- Experience analyzing data and helping leaders use data to make decisions.
- An analytical mind that is excited about telling stories using data and research.
- Experience managing a team.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Able to create stunning presentations that tell the story in our data to our clients and potential clients.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute a strategy.
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
- Bilingual in English and French is not a requirement, but an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Driven to succeed – self-starter, with a record of getting things done.
- Detail-oriented – you are someone who is picky, relenting, and focused on delivering error-free, high-quality work.
- Innovative – you think of interesting and alternative ways to improve the quality of the work we output.
- Collaborative – you can work closely with the team to leverage expertise to improve the quality of the work we do.
- Persistent – doing whatever it takes to get things done with integrity and without excuses.
- Independent – you work well without constant supervision and cherish your freedom to achieve business and personal objectives.
Apply by August 21 at 5pm ET
If you think you’re the right candidate for this task, please send a cover letter and CV to David Coletto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.
About Abacus Data Inc.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and exceptional value.
We have offices in Ottawa and Toronto but work with clients across North America such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Wine Growers of Canada, Teck, Imperial Oil, Canadian Real Estate Association, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and Music Canada.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
For more information about Abacus Data, visit our website at www.abacusdata.ca