Location: Ottawa or Toronto, ON – Hybrid and flexible work environment
Performance bonus of 20% to 30% of salary
Additional marketing bonus for new business development and client loyalty
Expected start date: August 2023
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, self-starting research and public affairs professional to support the company’s growth. You will work closely with the firm’s executive team to help grow and serve the firm’s extensive public affairs research practice.
As a senior member of our growing and evolving team, you will directly influence our future growth and success by acting as a client lead for several of our existing clients and you will be expected to develop relationships and grow our public affairs practice over time.
In this role, you will work directly with clients, often acting as the lead contact with our growing public affairs client group. In addition, you will be a leader and mentor to our research, analysis, and field team. Finally, the VP or Director will regularly interact with other service lines to bring the best Abacus Data solutions to our clients.
You will be expected to identify new business opportunities, coordinate with the sales and marketing team, and execute new projects as they are converted.
- Develop a strategy to expand the public affairs client base and strengthen our offering to public affairs.
- Report directly to the CEO (David Coletto) and work closely with other senior researchers and the VP of Business Development and Marketing as a member of the firm’s executive team.
- Drive our team to deliver high-quality work for our clients that is error-free, valuable, and meets the standards of our leadership team.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of research projects, start to finish including client consultation, proposal development, oversight of the creation of research instruments, analysis, and presentation of final deliverables.
- 8 to 15 years of experience in a client servicing role in market research, public opinion research, public affairs, or the public sector.
- Prior research experience is a definite asset, but not a requirement.
- Experience designing and executing quantitative and qualitative research projects including questionnaire development, focus group design and moderation, report writing, and client briefings.
- An analytical mind who loves telling stories using data and research.
- Experience managing a team.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Able to create stunning presentations that tell the story in our data to our clients and potential clients.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and execute a strategy.
- Bilingualism in English and French is not a requirement, but an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Driven to succeed – self-starter, with a record of getting things done.
- Detail-oriented – you are someone who is picky, relenting, and focused on delivering error-free, high-quality work.
- Innovative – you think of interesting and alternative ways to improve the quality of the work we output.
- Collaborative – you can work closely with the team to leverage expertise to improve the quality of the work we do.
- Persistent – doing whatever it takes to get things done with integrity and without excuses.
- Independent – you work well without constant supervision and cherish your freedom to achieve business and personal objectives.
For more information about Abacus Data, visit our website at www.abacusdata.ca
If you think you’re the right candidate for this task, please send a cover letter and CV to David Coletto at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2023.
Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted
About Abacus Data Inc.
We are the only firm that helps organizations respond to the unprecedented threats of generational change and technological disruption.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail, and exceptional value.
We work with brands and organizations such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Canadian Real Estate Association, Teck, Imperial Oil, Nestle Waters, Google, Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and the Canadian Health Food Association.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, and delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
For more information about Abacus Data, visit our website at abacusdata.ca.