LOCATION: Ottawa or Toronto preferred, but remote work (within Canada) will be strongly considered for the right candidate.
COMPENSATION: Salaried position commensurate with prior experience of the candidate. Annual performance bonus structure and health benefits included. Entry range: $46,000-$53,000 up to $65,000 for candidate with significant complementary sector experience.
EXPECTED START DATE: October 2021
We are looking for a team member to join our fielding & analysis team. Working with our consultants and research team leads, you will be responsible for:
- working with datasets;
- building beautiful and impactful reports and presentations; and,
- initial analysis & reporting of survey results.
Candidates with previous experience in social research, either through research methods coursework in a postsecondary setting or early work experience in research or with a research function are preferred. However, we are open to any candidates that can demonstrate an aptitude for working with data and thoughtful analysis.
- Support Consultants and project leads with managing research projects, coding datasets, building presentations and report charts/tables.
- Support Consultants and project leads with qualitative research projects including conducting in-depth interviews, coding and transcribing interviews/focus groups and helping draft reports.
- Support the research team with initial data analysis and report building.
- Contribute to company thought leadership through blog posts and other written commentary.
- Some experience with or exposure to SPSS, Q, or other statistical software packages.
- Some experience with or exposure to survey research.
- Comfort and fluency with numbers and data.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented, with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Clear evidence of writing fluency for commercial grade products.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is not a requirement but is a definite asset.
About Abacus Data Inc.
We are the only firm that helps organizations respond to the unprecedented threats of generational change and technological disruption.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and exceptional value.
We work with brands and organizations such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Canadian Real Estate Association, Teck, Imperial Oil, Nestle Waters, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and the Canadian Health Food Association.
We also work closely with Summa Strategies Canada and spark*advocacy to deliver the highest quality, data-driven strategic advice in Canada and North America.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
If you think you’re the right candidate, please send a cover letter and CV to Ihor Korbabicz at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 10th, 2021 at 5 pm ET. Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.
Candidates may be invited for interviews on a first come first serve basis.