Abacus Data is hiring a summer student. Come work with us for the summer!
April 1, 2022
Summer Student or Summer Internship
Abacus Data is looking for a Summer Student or Intern.
Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
Description: Full-time, 4-month contract (May 2022 thru August 2022)
Compensation: $25.00/hour – 37.5 hours per week
Abacus Data is looking for an energetic, self-starting university student who is looking for a summer placement in Toronto to support the research team. As a member of our growing and evolving team, you will report directly to the Director, Field, and Analysis and work closely on a range of client projects.
Based in Toronto, you will be responsible for contributing to all aspects of qualitative and quantitative research projects. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys to write, communicate, and learn about new topics. A passion for research, politics, and public affairs is definitely an asset.
- Experience in a customer service job
- Prior research experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers and data.
- Advanced math or data software skills are not required but would be an asset.
- Clear evidence of being detail-oriented, with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
- Able to create stunning presentations that tell the story in our data to our clients and potential clients.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is not a requirement, but an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Driven to succeed – self-starter, with a record of getting things done.
- Detail-oriented – you are someone who is picky, relentless, and focused on delivering error-free, high quality work.
- Innovative – you think of interesting and alternative ways to improve the quality of the work we output.
- Collaborative – you can work closely with the team to leverage expertise to improve the quality of the work we do.
- Persistent – doing whatever it takes to get things done with integrity and without excuses.
- Independent – you work well without constant supervision and cherish your freedom to achieve business and personal objectives.
About Abacus Data Inc.
We are the only firm that helps organizations respond to the unprecedented threats of generational change and technological disruption.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail, and exceptional value.
We work with brands and organizations such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Canadian Real Estate Association, Teck, Imperial Oil, Nestle Waters, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and the Canadian Health Food Association.
We also work closely with Summa Strategies Canada and spark*advocacy to deliver the highest quality, data-driven strategic advice in Canada and North America.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, and delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
For more information about Abacus Data, visit our website at www.abacusdata.ca
To apply for this position, please complete the application form here.
Initial applications are due April 15, 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted on April 18 and 19
Interviews will be conducted after April 19
Start date – Early May 2022