Location: Ottawa, Toronto, or Anywhere in Canada (Remote work is a possibility)
Compensation: Salaried position with a salary range from $50,000 to $55,000 depending on experience along with a performance bonus and health benefits
Expected start date: May 2021
Abacus Data is expanding and we’re looking for someone who is excited to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. If you’re early in your career, curious to learn new things, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and most importantly, friendly, this could be a great fit for you.
We are looking for a team member to join our field and analysis team. Working with our Field Manager and research team leads, you will be responsible for programming surveys, working with datasets, managing samples, and helping build beautiful and impactful reports and presentations.
As an ideal candidate, you have some background in social research, having taken a class or two in university or college. But more importantly, you want to learn and grow in a job that will expose you to all aspects of our work. We want a team member who loves to solve problems, find creative ways of doing things, and likes checking off to-do lists.
• Support the field manager in programming surveys, coordinating logistics for qualitative research, fielding sample, testing surveys, coordinating translation, managing data sets, and building presentations and report charts/tables.
• Support the research team with initial data analysis and report building
• Problem solver who wants to learn and grow in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Prior research experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers and data.
o Advanced math or data software skills are not required but would be an asset.
• Clear evidence of being detail-oriented, with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
• Bilingualism (English and French) is not a requirement but is an asset.
• HTML experience is not a requirement but is an asset.
About Abacus Data Inc.
We are the only firm that helps organizations respond to the unprecedented threats of generational change and technological disruption.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and exceptional value.
We work with brands and organizations such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Canadian Real Estate Association, Teck, Imperial Oil, Nestle Waters, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and the Canadian Health Food Association.
We also work closely with Summa Strategies Canada and spark*advocacy to deliver the highest quality, data-driven strategic advice in Canada and North America.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
For more information about Abacus Data, visit our website at www.abacusdata.ca.
If you think you’re the right candidate for this task, please send a cover letter and CV to David Coletto at firstname.lastname@example.org – March 25, 2021 at 5pm ET. Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.
© 2021 Abacus Data. All rights reserved.