One year ago, the partners at Summa Strategies and Abacus Data’s founding CEO, announced the creation of a new strategic research firm headquartered in Canada’s national capital.
Since then, Abacus Data has quickly established itself as a trust research partner for a wide variety of clients.
With its young and experienced team of research professionals, Abacus Data has set itself apart from other research firms by offering a unique combination of research expertise, a fresh and different perspective, and a willingness to ask questions that others may not be willing to ask.
Being different and doing things a little differently allows Abacus Data to give its clients a leg up on their competitors by providing affordable yet high quality research with the perspective of a new generation of pollsters.
Abacus Data offers its clients expertise in general quantitative and qualitative research and specializes in:
- Engaging and studying Canadian millennials (aged 15-30) by developing syndicated and custom studies and developing strategy for clients and media through its Millennial Research Practice.
- Measuring public opinion towards public policy and politics corporations, associations, and decision makers at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels of government through its Public Affairs Research Practice.
- Building, maintaining, and providing insight from affordable customized online research communities.
In this time, Abacus has also partnered with a number of diverse and exciting organizations.
- David Coletto, Abacus’ CEO, is the Pollster for Sun News, Canada’s newest all-news cable network, where he provides his objective and unique take on public opinion in Canada and around the world.
- Abacus Data is also the Official Pollster for the Corporate and Community Social Responsibility Conference held each year at Algonquin College in Ottawa. With the CCSR Conference, Abacus is conducting a six-part research series on public opinion towards corporate social responsibility that will culminate in a final report being presented at the next conference held in November.
- David Coletto is a regular columnist with the Hill Times, a weekly newspaper covering politics and government in Canada’s capital.
- In an effort to encourage quantitative education, Abacus Data has established two $2,500 scholarships and an internship program for senior undergraduate students studying quantitative methods in the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs. David Coletto is also a Visiting Fellow at the Kroeger College.