July 5, 2011
One year ago, the partners at Summa Strategies and Abacus Data’s founding CEO, announced the creation of a new strategic research firm headquartered in Canada’s national capital.
Since then, Abacus Data has quickly established itself as a trust research partner for a wide variety of clients.
With its young and experienced team of research professionals, Abacus Data has set itself apart from other research firms by offering a unique combination of research expertise, a fresh and different perspective, and a willingness to ask questions that others may not be willing to ask.
Being different and doing things a little differently allows Abacus Data to give its clients a leg up on their competitors by providing affordable yet high quality research with the perspective of a new generation of pollsters.
Abacus Data offers its clients expertise in general quantitative and qualitative research and specializes in:
- Engaging and studying Canadian millennials (aged 15-30) by developing syndicated and custom studies and developing strategy for clients and media through its Millennial Research Practice.
- Measuring public opinion towards public policy and politics corporations, associations, and decision makers at the federal, provincial, and municipal levels of government through its Public Affairs Research Practice.
- Building, maintaining, and providing insight from affordable customized online research communities.
In this time, Abacus has also partnered with a number of diverse and exciting organizations.
- David Coletto, Abacus’ CEO, is the Pollster for Sun News, Canada’s newest all-news cable network, where he provides his objective and unique take on public opinion in Canada and around the world.
- Abacus Data is also the Official Pollster for the Corporate and Community Social Responsibility Conference held each year at Algonquin College in Ottawa. With the CCSR Conference, Abacus is conducting a six-part research series on public opinion towards corporate social responsibility that will culminate in a final report being presented at the next conference held in November.
- David Coletto is a regular columnist with the Hill Times, a weekly newspaper covering politics and government in Canada’s capital.
- In an effort to encourage quantitative education, Abacus Data has established two $2,500 scholarships and an internship program for senior undergraduate students studying quantitative methods in the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs. David Coletto is also a Visiting Fellow at the Kroeger College.
It is an interesting time to be in public opinion and market research industry. Technology is changing the way we conduct research and making it more accessible to a wider range of organizations.
We look forward to continuing to serve our current clients and growing our business in the next 12 months.
Abacus Data Team