Abacus Data is Hiring!April 17, 2018
Business Development Manager
Location: Ottawa, ON
Compensation: Base salary plus commissions and benefits
Expected start date: June 2018
Abacus Data is expanding and we’re looking for someone who is excited to learn and grow in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. If you are excited about selling and building new business opportunities for a dynamic brand, this job is for you.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience as an Account Executive, Account Manager, Sales Person, or Business Development specialist.
- Seek out and acquire new clients
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with the rest of our team to identify growth opportunities
- Attend all networking events as required
- Proven work experience as an Account Executive, Account Manager, Sales Person, or relevant role
- Good understanding of the research industry and its place as part of an overall effective marketing strategy
- Motivated, self-starter who knows how to plan and adjust to exceed sales quotas
- Ability to seek and close new business opportunities
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills required
- The ideal candidate has 5 to 7 years experience developing new business and selling for a service based company.
About Abacus Data Inc.
We are the only firm that helps organizations respond to the unprecedented threats of generational change and technological disruption.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and exceptional value.
We work with brands and organizations such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Canadian Real Estate Association, Teck, Imperial Oil, Nestle Waters, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and the Canadian Health Food Association.
We also work closely with Summa Strategies Canada and spark*advocacy to deliver the highest quality, data driven strategic advice in Canada and North America.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
If you think you’re the right candidate for this task, please complete this form by May 17, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Candidates may be interviewed and contacted on a rolling basis so submit your application as soon as possible.