Abacus Data is Hiring!March 16, 2017
Head of Operations and Project Delivery
Location: Ottawa, ON
Compensation: Salary, performance based incentive structure, and full benefits.
Expected start date: July 1, 2017
Abacus Data is expanding. We’re looking for an experienced, energetic, self-starting research professional to take on a newly created senior role on our management team and guide the quality of our work to the next level. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll oversee all of the company’s research operations and work closely with the firm’s principals to improve processes, manage projects, and deliver exceptional value to our clients. You will directly influence our future growth and success.
Based in Ottawa, you will be responsible for coordinating all research within the firm by managing and leveraging the research team; making sure projects are completed on time and within budgets; working with the team to develop capabilities and improve productivity and efficiency; and, ensuring that client projects meet the standards of the principal researchers – David Coletto and Bruce Anderson. We are seeking someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is detailed oriented, independent, and looking for a challenge (and a profitable future).
• Manage the research team (currently 3 consultants and analysts).
• Working and coordinating with our suppliers to procure quality work for the lowest cost.
• Report directly to the CEO (David Coletto) and work closely with the Chairman (Bruce Anderson).
• Drive our team to deliver high-quality work on time for our clients that is error-free, valuable, and meets the standards of our leadership team.
• Support research efforts through analysis and writing.
• Develop relationships and business opportunities.
• 4 to 8 years of experience in project management, and/or supplier/buyer side consumer research.
o Prior research experience would be an asset, but not a requirement.
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers and data.
o Advanced math or data software skills are not required, but would be an asset.
• Experience managing a team.
• Clear evidence of being detail oriented, with a focus on delivery and error-free work.
• Able to create stunning presentations that tell the story in our data to our clients and potential clients.
• Strong interpersonal, writing, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• University or college degree/diploma in a related field.
• Bilingualism (English and French) is not a requirement, but an asset.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Driven to succeed – self-starter, with a record of getting things done.
• Detail-oriented – you are someone who is picky, relentless, and focused on delivering error-free, high quality work.
• Innovative – you think of interesting and alternative ways to improve the quality of the work we output.
• Collaborative – you can work closely with the team to leverage expertise to improve the quality of the work we do.
• Persistent – doing whatever it takes to get things done with integrity and without excuses.
• Independent – you work well without constant supervision and cherish your freedom to achieve business and personal objectives.
About Abacus Data Inc.
Founded in 2010, Abacus Data is an innovative, fast-growing public opinion and marketing research consultancy. We use the latest technology, sound science, and deep experience to generate top-flight research-based advice to our clients. We offer global research capacity with a strong focus on customer service, attention to detail and exceptional value.
We work with brands and organizations such as Shaw Communications, the Canadian Bankers Association, the Mining Association of Canada, Food & Consumer Products of Canada, NAV Canada, the Canadian Real Estate Association, Teck, Imperial Oil, Nestle Waters, Google, the Air Canada Pilots Association, NUPGE, HealthPartners, the Paramedic Association of Canada, the Canadian Pharmacists Association, and the Canadian Health Food Association.
Our vision is to be Canada’s premier data-based strategy firm with a reputation for outstanding customer service, creative thinking, and innovative methods. We will do that by working harder, being more creative, delivering more value to our clients, while doing it all with a smile.
If you think you’re the right candidate for this task, please send a cover letter and CV to David Coletto at email@example.com
Only those selected for the next round of the process will be contacted.